Monday, June 7, 2010

Sad Tarsier

This summer my big project is to start working on my BFA. I'm not one of those people who has their life story all ready to go. I really have to sit and sketch out what I want to do. Maybe its not good that I'm talking about it in this blogger right now.

I read a really good book yesterday called "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield. It highlighted issues of procrastination and "resistance". What I agree with most, because I find myself doing this a form of resistance is victimizing yourself. I have health problems popping up here and there asthma, acid reflux to name a few. Both I understand are forms of resistance. "I'm feeling sick today I'll do work tomorrow."
The book goes into how to find these problems and work your way out of them by WORKING your way out of them whether it be painting, writing, exercise, and what have you.

This book was motivational and helped me realize that the only person holding you back is yourself... no one else.

So with that I plan to just sketch and sketch and sketch till I have a eureka moment. If I don't work I'll just be stuck and get no where.


So BFA watch out!


No comments: